♥ My Nail Care Routine & Products I Use ♥

Monday, July 1, 2013
Today I will be sharing my nail care routine and all the products I use to keep my nails strong and healthy!  By trial and error I have found what works for me best.  So I'll just say this, these are the products that work for me, everyone has different nail types so i'm not promising these products will work for you.  But you will not know till you try! 
My nails weren't always healthy and strong, they've actually have only been this strong for the past month or so.  For all of 2013 up until now, my nails would chip a LOT.  And when I say a lot, it seemed like corners of my nails would chip off every week almost.  I think the thing that really made my nails healthy was my base coat. 

Base Coat
The base coat I use is Duri - Rejuvacote.  I got this just over a month ago and the first week I used it, my nails showed improvement.  By the second week, I was in love! For the whole two weeks I have had this on my nails, I didn't have a single chip! It was a miracle!  Plus, my nails were growing like weeds.  Prior to using Rejuvacote I was using Essie- Grow Stronger.  All that Grow Stronger did was make my nails peel and I didn't really see any improvement in the strength of my nails.  It was quite upsetting because I have seen other girls use Grow Stronger and have great results.  But, I know that Rejuvacote is my absolute favorite base coat.  You can purchase this on Amazon or Ebay and they also sell this at Walmart for around $10.



Cuticle Care
Cuticle care is a very important step in your nails appearance.  Having over-grown or dry cuticles can make your nails look bad.  To get rid of all the dried up and dead cuticle on nails nails I use a cuticle remover.  The one I use is from the company Blue Cross. I got a giant 32 fl. oz. bottle from Sally's around $6.  That bottle will probably last me a life time!  You can also purchase this on Amazon and Ebay. 
I took an empty polish bottle and put some cuticle remover in it and when I use it, I apply it all over my cuticles and let it sit from a minute or so and then take a orange wood stick and start gently scraping the dead cuticle away.  Then I wash my hands and i'm done!


Every night I apply Lemony Flutter from Lush!  It moisturizes my cuticles and nails and it smells amazing! You can purchase this from Lush Stores for $16.95.


Hand Cream
I love using this hand cream from Skin Cosmetics! Its in the scent Poppy and it smells so good! It also moisturizes my hands and cuticles with out leaving that oily residue.  I actually got this one month in my Birch Box, but you can purchase it from Amazon! 



Tools
Some tools I use are a file i got from Sally's, but i am going to be purchasing a crystal nail file soon!  Every time I file my nails, i buff the edges to get rid of any rough edges, but only buff a little bit because it is not good for your nails.  Any time I get hang nails I use my cuticle nippers I got from Walmart.  I file my nails around once a week.



So here are my naked nails!  I'm so proud of how far I've come!  I have minimal stains because I let them soak in a mixture of baking soda, white vinegar, and olive oil every week which really takes the stains away.   

I hope this post helped you out!  Thanks for reading and tell me what products work best for you!


6 comments:

Elissa Vaughan said...

Great post love :) I was wondering about the mixture you soak your nails in! How much of each product do you use & how long do you soak your nails for? I've tried it before and it didn't really work. :(

Thanks!
Elissa xx

Cassidy Lynn said...

Hi Elissa! Thanks so much :) I usually do 5 tablespoons of baking soda, 3 table spoons of white vinegar, and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then I let them soak for about 5 minutes or until the mixture has stopped fizzing. If it stopped fizzing before the 5 minute mark I usually add s little bit more of each ingredient and continue to soak them. The first couple times I did it, i didn't really see an improvement but after the 4th week doing it I could really see that it was whitening my nails! Hope this helped! xox

Unknown said...

What top coat do you normally use?

Cassidy Lynn said...

Seche Vite!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kaitlin said...

Hello! How'd you find an empty polish bottle? How does one actually clean a used one?!

Post a Comment